Monday, April 28, 2008

Living in the digital former Soviet republics

So I just returned from NETA (Nebraska Educational Technology Association), & even though I'm finally making a commitment to a blog, I'm living in the digital version of the former Soviet states. Wow...I don't Twitter (well, I do now, but I didn't before), I don't socially network (hardly have time for live people some days), and I don't watch TV shows on the internet.

BUT, I do lots of other stuff, just ask me! Anyway, I'm working to finish up requisitions for next year along with getting mini tech work days set up for the summer. I'm planning to do something with Google apps and a sort of playground of stuff they offer. Actually, in researching tonight, I found out you can text questions directly to Google (466453). Say for instance you want to know the score of the latest Cubs game, just text 'score cubs' to Google & a response will be returned in about 30 seconds. Now, don't do this if you don't have free text messaging, but if you do, ask away. I threw out some odd questions & all answers were provided. How cool. (Well, at least in a techie geeky world!)

Yours truly, trying to cross the digital divide...Crys

No comments: